About Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling is the most fundamental and widely sought after skill in the finance industry. It is the art of building a model using excel to depict financial statements and investment analysis. This helps you arrive at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters. Financial models can be used to represent the performance of a business, a project or any other investment. In today’s world all decisions are based on quantitative analysis. That’s why Investment bankers, equity research analysts and fund managers find financial modeling indispensable.
Why Financial Modeling
· Prerequisite for Investment Banking, Equity Research, and Commercial Banking jobs·
· Provides techniques to value and analyze the firms, IPOs, and FPOs·
· Valuing investments in the nascent stage: Private Equity/ Venture Capital Investing·
· Required for business modeling and decision making for firms·
· To evaluate various project opportunities: checking viability of the projects·
· For project appraisal and risk evaluation using different scenarios·
· Commercial Banks: For disbursing loans for the projects.·
· Project Management: For performance tracking of the on-going projects·
· Comprehensive analysis of complex transactions: Merger and Acquisition Deals·
FINANCIAL MODELING CERTIFICATION
Financial Modeling Certificate is the most sought out Certificate for candidates who are aspiring for opportunities in Financial Research, Investments Banking and other streams of Finance.
“CERTIFICATION OF PARTICIPATION” – EduPristine
“CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE” – EduPristine & BSE
The participants who will clear the Financial Modeling Tests will be provided with ”CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE
EduPristine has provided Financial Modeling training to over in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Pune and Online. Further we have conducted similar programs for various leading corporate and colleges like 5000+ professionals JP Morgan, Bank of America, Mizuho Bank, E&Y, ING Vyasa, HSBC, IIM C, IIM I, NUS Singapore, FMS, ISB Hyd,IIT D etc.
Financial Modeling course with NSE India CertificationIMS Proschool and NSE India (NCFM - Examination body) offers Financial Modeling Certification Program. Proschool is funded by NSDC, a PPP promoted by the Union Ministry of Finance, Govt of India.This program will help you realize or augment a career in the fields of Investment Banking, Equity Research, Project Finance, Corporate Finance and Credit Rating among others. The program: “Financial Modeling through Excel” is offered across various mediums such as classroom, live virtual classroom and online self study.
NSE India conducts the Financial Modeling course Exam in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Jaipur, Indore, Nagpur & all other major cities.
Copal Institute and AIMA jointly bring Financial & Valuation Modeling Certificate Program
In today's world of extensive data where decisions are highly quantitative based financial modeling has become an indispensable tool. It is the most sought after skill required in the field of investment banking, equity research , project management, commercial banks and mostly all other sectors in the financial services industry . Financial modeling is the art of building a model using excel to depict financial statements and investment analysis. It builds a structure that integrates various statements and schedules to enable decision making. A financial model represents the performance of a business, a project or any other investment.
This Financial & Valuation modeling program involves the fundamental theories and practices of valuation analysis, strategy analysis, prospective analysis, DCF modeling, trading comparables and transaction comparables. Modeling through Excel will build enough confidence in the participants so that they are able to create their own financial model right from scratch, and use it for solving their business problems. The program is designed to offer students the intensive instruction and training needed to successfully compete in rapidly developing global financial markets.
After completing this course, the participants will be able to:
· Build a financial model from scratch as done at financial institutions
· Work on Excel and use formatting best practices, efficient formula construction, and appropriate driver selections
· Use Advanced Excel functions to present various sensitivities to projected financial metrics
· Fix circularity problems, iteration, and other common modeling troubleshooting
· Cross check the Balance Sheet/ Cash Flow Statement
· Understand and describe valuation and how historical valuation is done
· Understand and explain the techniques, elements and approaches of forecasting
· Provide an overview of Discounted Cash Flow
· Explain the Dividend Discount Model
· Calculate the Free Cash Flow to Firm (FCFF) & Free Cash Flow to Equity (FCFE)
· Calculate the Discount Rate (Cost of Debt, Cost of Equity & Cost of Capital)
· Identify the Revenue Drivers and Cost Drivers
· Prepare a Full DCF Model
· Calculate Equity Value Multiples: P/E, P/CF, P/BV, P/S, PEG, Dividend Yield
· Provide an overview of Trading Comparables
· Calculate basic EV and perform various CACS Adjustments
· Normalize the Earnings and identify the exceptions
· Calculate Last Twelve Months (LTM) or Trailing Twelve Months (TTM)
· Perform Trading Multiples analysis – EV/EBITDA, EV/EBIT, EV/Sales
· Provide an overview of Transaction Comparables
· Describe the different kind of Deal Considerations
· Practice working on the Transaction Template
· Perform the Private and Public Transaction Comp
· Perform Transaction Multiples analysis – EV/EBITDA, EV/EBIT, EV/Sales
Program Fee & Study Material
· Rs. 28,000/- payable at the beginning of the Program (a service tax of 12.36% would be applicable).
· Books would be provided.
FINATICS is an institute committed to engaging students in the field of Applied Finance like never before! The programs offered areclass leading in every respect, be it Fundamentals of Finance, Data modeling & analysis, Financial Modeling & Valuation or Merger & Acquisition modeling/analysis.
Financial Modeling is one of the most fundamental and widely sought after skills in the finance industry. It is the art of building a model to depict financial statements and investment analysis using MS Excel. This helps arrive at optimal business solutions by analyzing various parameters. At the end of the course,You will be able to do the task of building a model depicting financial statements/business model, which helps in decision making.
The EduPristine Financial Modeling course will teach you the basic of MS Excel all the way to creating successful Financial Models. By the end of the course, you will be able to independently build models that are robust and provide dynamic projections that can be used to thoroughly analyze a company from multiple standpoints: operations, investment, financing and valuation.
Learn Financial Modeling with us in the classroom environment with hands on experience. The first module is Equity Evaluations and the second module teaches advanced Excel. So you can make a model firstly, and then understand how to use that model for various purposes like projections, evaluations etc.
Ÿ Tips for Setting up a Financial Model
Ÿ Obtaining Source Data
Ÿ Formatting & clearing data
Ÿ Spreading Historic Financial Statements
Ÿ Setting up model framework
Ÿ Analyzing past trends
Ÿ Normalising earnings and source data
Ÿ Key adjustments
Ÿ Calculating Key Ratios
Ÿ Determining Growth drivers
Ÿ Arriving at Key Assumptions
Forecasting Income Statement
Ÿ Determining revenue / cost drivers
Ÿ Forecasting Income Statement (5 Years)
Modeling Fixed Assets
Ÿ Drivers on Asset intensity
Ÿ Forecasting Capital Expenditure
Ÿ Modeling integrated financial model.
Ÿ Key links to other statements for cash flow
Ÿ Modeling cash flow statement
Ÿ Calculating cash flow to equity
Ÿ Understanding and calculating WACC
Ÿ Estimating cost of Equity
Ÿ Calculating Beta
Ÿ Determining Peer group
Ÿ Valuation using discounted cash flow (DCF)
Ÿ Terminal cash flows, growth and terminal values
Advance Data Presentation Skills
Business Analytics & Intelligence course from IIM Bangalore